About Me

Florence, Arizona
Welcome to my blog. I am newly retired and eager to enjoy it all - decorating, shopping, cooking, travel and most crafts - paper crafts, stained glass, mosaic, mixed media, sketching, painting - you name it, I want to try it.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 12, 2011

MY THRIFT STORE FIND

I was out thrift store shopping with my friend the other day and found a treasure!  I found this old cabinet, and thought it was very cool looking because it was "vintage" and just had to have it.  (YES, it fit far enough into the trunk of a Honda Accord - just barely)


Once I got it home and into place, it suddenly seemed old and not "vintage".  Soooo, I sanded down the rusty spots, cleaned and cleaned, and covered the fronts of the drawers - painstakingly! - with shabby chic contact paper.  I loooove how it turned out.  Enough of the "old" shows through but it's cute to me now.  AND, I can't even begin to tell you how much it holds!  Love it




3 comments:

  1. Love the way that cabinet came out!! You shabby'fied it perfectly!!

    And I love your new blog design - PURRRRRTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost jealous! But the overly happy for you is to strong and over powers the covetousness! hahahaha It is a GREAT find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a remarkable find, and I love how you altered it. Now it will fit any decor!

    ReplyDelete