About Me

Florence, Arizona
Welcome to my blog. I am newly retired and eager to enjoy it all - decorating, shopping, cooking, travel and most crafts - paper crafts, stained glass, mosaic, mixed media, sketching, painting - you name it, I want to try it.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 12, 2011

GIBBS Happy Mail

I had my good buddy Lisa for my partner on this happy mail swap.  Among her wishes were notecards and a pin cushion.  I made the pincushion by filled a small mason jar with sand and then stuffed a pin cushion into it.  I covered that with a piece of purple butterfly-pattern material - purple and butterflies are her fave - and then added lace a pearls with hot glue.  The decoration glued on the front is an earring costume jewelry earring, pulled apart.  I hope she gets alot of use out of it, and thinks of me as she uses it!


Then I made her some note cards - and used my wonderful new little Janome mini-sew to zig zag stitch on them.  To hold the note cards, I took a cigar box and folded some TH paper to make little compartments to hold the cards, a pen, and some stamps.  I tied it all up with purple butterflies cut with my Silhouette.
Enjoy Lisa!








2 comments:

  1. AWESOME STUFF!!! Nice to see you are having fun using your new toys (Janome and Silhouette) ;)
    and I am sure Lisa had to LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! I too, love purple and butterflies!! Awesome job on them :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete